COVID-19 Operations Plan
Remember to purchase your tickets and rentals prior to your arrival!
COVID-19 and the risk of viral contamination have fundamentally changed the recreation industry and we have been planning accordingly. The one certainty is everything will change and we will need your cooperation. We are following guidelines provided by the Governor of Massachusetts, Department of Public Health, and Centers for Disease Control. You need to do your part. Please refer to;
It is clear people are yearning to get outside and have fun. We believe that we can satisfy that need for connection while maintaining a healthy distance from each other. In order to achieve that balance, it’s important to have a clear set of principles, guided by our core values to help us. These are our guiding principles:
- Be unwavering in our commitment to our team members well-being
- Provide an experience that brings people together in a healthy, memorable way
- Commit to doing the right thing
We have done our best to stay true to these principles. Here is our plan for the winter season:
- Reservations are required– For your safety, we are managing on-mountain capacity this season. Reservations will be required, and our season pass holders will have priority access.
- Scheduled blocks of time on the mountain– You have the convenience of choosing what time works best for you, your friends, and family, with the luxury of smaller, more intimate mountain experiences. (No restrictions for season pass holders)
- A focus on being outside– Scalable operations will determine the use of Outside and Inside spaces.
- Masks— Masks will be required while on the property.
- A focus on hygiene— Hand washing, strict cleaning, and disinfecting measures of common areas such as bathrooms, vehicles, and equipment.
A focus on our team’s well-being:
- Each team member will wear a mask at all times when engaging with customers
- Every day, before work, team members meet to answer a health declaration questionnaire, answering the following questions:
- Do you have any of the following flu-like symptoms:
- Fever (100.4°F or higher)?
- Sore throat?
- Have you or an immediate family member come in close contact with a confirmed case of the coronavirus in the last 14 days? (“Close contact” means being at a distance of less than three feet for more than 15 minutes.)
- Do you have any of the following flu-like symptoms:
- If an employee answers yes to any of the screening questions, or has a temperature higher than 100.4 °F, the screener will immediately activate the emergency protocol for COVID-19 by following these steps:
- Send the employee home
- Require the employee to be examined and tested by a medical professional.
- Require a negative COVID-19 test, or have completed a 14 day quarantine period before returning to work, or written permission to return to work by your medical provider
- If the employee tests positive:
- Assure adequate medical care and treatment for the employee
- Coordinate with local officials to conduct “contact tracing”
- Have those who have been in close contact with the positive employee tested
- In consultation with local and state board of health, consider quarantine measures
A focus on our guests’ well-being:
- All lift tickets need to be prepurchased online. Lift tickets will go on sale 12/14
- Due to limited capacity, we will limit lift ticket sales daily
- Lift tickets can be purchased online the day of (if available)
- Lift tickets will be sold in 8-hour, 4-hour AM and PM blocks and 4-hour night tickets
- Tubing tickets can be purchased online the day of (if available)
- Tubing tickets will be sold in 2-hour blocks
- All tickets and passes will require a one time purchase of an RFID card
- RFID card pick up times will be scheduled at the time of purchase
- Parking will be divided into designated zones with season pass holders having preferential parking
- Each team member will wear a mask
- With our touch-free process, guests can go straight from the car to the chair lift
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up throughout the property
- Guests will be encouraged to ski and leave
Guidelines for lessons:
- Reservation groups traveling together will have a private lesson
- Multiple staggered private lesson times to assist with social distance guidelines
- Staff will wear a mask
- Every person has assigned rental equipment for the day or season, clearly marked and distinguishable from others
- The spacing of guests according to current social distancing guidelines: In the lift line, food lines, and eating meals
- Lift capacity will be reduced to allow for social distance guidelines on carpets, one single on a double chair, and two singles on the triple chair
- Groups traveling together will be seated together
Restroom and changing facilities:
- Control traffic patterns and limit capacity to maintain social distancing guidelines
- Portable toilets will be available throughout the base area
- Masks will be required while on the property
- Hand sanitizing stations at the entrance to each pavilion and storefront
- Equipment rentals will be reserved and waivers completed online and equipment picked up outside
- Cleaning and disinfecting rental equipment before next use
- POS and retail counter will be cleaned and disinfected between customers
- All surfaces cleaned and disinfected in accordance with Massachusetts Department of Health (MDH) and CDC guidelines